Hello everyone,

This is my very first post and I am excited to be here. I hope this post is in the correct section. Long story short, I just bought a house with a huge and empty basement (almost 900sq ft) so I am starting to build a workshop to satisfy my thrist for building things with my hands.

So far, I have acquired two major power tools, table saw and bench drill from craigslist and they are very well maintained and useful for a beginner like me. Unfortunately, I am not sure which tool to acquire next for the workshop that would that will help me the most while developing useful skills. Here's my list of tools I plan to acquire in the next few months so. what I would love is your recommendations on which steps I shold take to make my workshop functional and operational so I can start building.

1. Lathe
2. Grinder (to sharpen tools)
3. Router (want to build my own router table)
4. Planer
5. Jointer
6. Dust Collection
7. Proper light fixtures (only have two single light blubs)

Granted, it will take me up to a year to acquire everything to make my basement a fully functional workshop that I can make bowls, cabinets, doors, furniture, picture frames, vases, et cetera. FYI, I am not in this to make money but to enjoy the experience and make my house the envy of the neighborhood.

Anyway, enjoy the pic of my workshop and I look forward to being on the forum.

20171202_083041.jpg

Matt