Thread: Vintage Craftsman Dovetail Fixture manual?

Vintage Craftsman Dovetail Fixture manual?

I need a manual for an old Craftsman dovetail fixture model number 9 2576. Does anyone have a pdf of the owners manual for this fixture? I cannot find one online anywhere.

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/222/5165.pdf

Not the same model but it may be close enough to work hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin adams View Post
    http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/222/5165.pdf

Not the same model but it may be close enough to work hopefully.
    Thanks Marlin!I found that one also. I am hoping to find one for my model the 9 2576. I have looked everywhere online and I don't believe one is posted online anywhere. I was hoping someone had made a pdf for this model from maybe their own manual. That will probably be the only way I will get one.

Blog Entries
    Steve can you post a photo of your jig? I have an old craftsman dovetail jig, it is a 9 2572. I found a reference on another forum that the Vermont American jig is the same. Send me your email via a PM and I will send you the PDF.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 02-28-2018 at 8:20 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Steve can you post a photo of your jig? I have an old craftsman dovetail jig, it is a 9 2572. I found a reference on another forum that the Vermont American jig is the same. Send me your email via a PM and I will send you the PDF.
    Search this number on EBAY and you will see what mine looks like:

The 9 2576 that I have is a little different than the Vermont American on in that the Vermont one has two templates. The one I have only has one template with a spacer bar. I have a manual I got online for the Vermont America one, but it really doesn't match mine because of the two template deal.

Blog Entries
    It looks like ebay item 16257843266 has a manual with it, you might contact the seller to see if they can copy the manual for you or invest the $14 for a second jig and manual. There also appear to be other sellers that also have the same jig with manuals.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute