Thread: Taunton Press Home Furniture

Taunton Press Home Furniture

I just that I'd let everyone know that Taunton Press still has back issues of this magazine available for $3.95/issue.

Some of you may already be familiar with this magazine which was published by Taunton press in the mid 80s and is now out of print. It is a wonderful magazine showcasing handmade furniture with articles on how the piece was actually made and focus articles on specific techniques. I first saw the magazine while attending at woodworking class and have seen come up for sale on Ebay, but they typically sell for between $8 to $15 per issue. Well I gave Taunton press a call last week and found they still have 10-12 of the issues still available for sale at $3.95 an issue. Rather than buying out their inventory and selling them on Ebay I decided to pass this on in case there are others here that are interested in this magazine.

PS - To order this purchase these you will need to call Taunton during their business hours (their answering service doesn't have this item in their online inventory). Also, ask the customer service rep to check to see if each issue is available - at first their computer showed only four issues available but as she typed in the item numbers for additional issues the system accepted the order and all 10 issues arrived today.

roger

Interesting... I think I have a complete set of this mag. stored away. I remember taking a Tauton mag. a long time ago that went out of print only after a few years. Hmmm... I wonder where that box is...