Thread: DIY Ornamental Turning Device Completed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here is Jon's contact information:

Fly Cutter Price List

Drill Price List
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-27-2021 at 11:13 AM.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Thanks Glen
    Larry

3. Glen, I have been following your quest at replicating the Ja Ho apparatus and was going to either twist my brother in laws arm who lives in Germany to ship one over here or replicate one. I liked the idea of the spin indexer, which one do you have? My lathe only has 16 inches of swing, so its a little tighter as far as stacking the spin indexer and the cross slide and still being on center. one more question, how tall is the proxxon slide? also the spin indexer you own. Your first attempt with the basket weave looks promising.

Thanks, …...Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrick Lambert View Post
    Glen, I have been following your quest at replicating the Ja Ho apparatus and was going to either twist my brother in laws arm who lives in Germany to ship one over here or replicate one. I liked the idea of the spin indexer, which one do you have? My lathe only has 16 inches of swing, so its a little tighter as far as stacking the spin indexer and the cross slide and still being on center. one more question, how tall is the proxxon slide? also the spin indexer you own. Your first attempt with the basket weave looks promising.

Thanks, …...Fred
    Fred - The height of the Proxxon comes in at very close to 1.8". The stack of rotary table, wooden platform, slide and indexer comes in at about 7.5". Your 16" swing would be a very tight fit. You could eliminate the rotary table and knock off a couple of inches which would make the project quite doable I would think.

I should state that, having become intrigued with ornamental turning, I took the plunge. I bought a Lindow Rose Engine with most of the trimmings.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-27-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    Regards,

Glen

5. Lindow Rose Engine??? I live in the SF Bay Area.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-27-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Blanchard View Post
    I should state that, having become intrigued with ornamental turning, I took the plunge. I bought a Lindow Rose Engine with most of the trimmings. As such, I am not using my JaHo clone. As I don't have a use for it, I am willing to sell it. If you are interested, send me a PM.
    Glen, how has the ornamental journey gone? I am curious if your JaHo clone ever left your shop?

-Jeramie

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramie Johnson View Post
    Glen, how has the ornamental journey gone? I am curious if your JaHo clone ever left your shop?

-Jeramie
    Jeramie - I bought the Lindow Rose Engine and have never looked back. The JaHo clone was sold a couple of years ago.
    Regards,

Glen

8. I can't seem to open the images. I would also be interested in any plans you might have for reference. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-27-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Ronald, I see that your status is that of a "member". About 3 months ago, SMC changed their policy. You have to be a contributor in order to see pictures and to have a mailbox. So, I think that is probably why you cannot see the images. I think that the cost is as low as $6 a year. Not a lot for such a good website.