Thread: I finally did it... Grizzly G1033X 20" planer....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I finally did it... Grizzly G1033X 20" planer....

After debating and agonizing over it for years, I finally dove in and bought a Grizz G1033X Byrd spiral head 20" planer. UPS Freight delivered it today. Everything arrived in perfect condition. Super nice driver and my new best friend Levi wrestled it onto his pallet jack as the pallet isn't wide enough to use the jack in the conventional way. Down the driveway he went and right into the shop.

Had to bust the crate off of it so I could take it all in before heading back to work.

Once I got home I began the shop rearrangement dance to get it in place. I devised a plan to move my G0512 edge sander and put the planer in that spot. I already had a 6" duct drop there and plenty of room in that area for the ginormous planer.

Before...

I strapped the sander to my 2 wheel dolly and away it went to it's new spot.

And after a good bit of praying and grunting with the planer hanging from my engine hoist it landed in it's permanent home. I took time to fit the HF floor mats back around both machines.

I'm not in love with the new spot for the sander but it is the best place for it without rearranging the world which I do not vote for.

I need to grab a couple fittings to get the ductwork connected to both machines and finish aligning the planer and we should be in business. I'm anxious to fire it up!!

Last edited by Terry Hatfield; 11-28-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]