Thread: Show me your closets

Show me your closets

During my free time this week I've been thinking about some upcoming projects. One is going to be closet organization for LOML & I's closet, my daughter's closet, and the room we use as our office. What I have in mind is something like the commercially available systems. I'm planning to use white melamine for the panels & shelves with some kind of hardwood edging on the front exposed edges for wear. I've found the good quality oval rods and hardware at Woodworker's Hardware. I want to stay away from using commercial wire drawers, etc. because the cost quicly adds up. In the office, I'll mostly make shelves for books, magazines, office "stuff", etc. So, if you've built something that will give me some good ideas, or if you've got any do's and don'ts, please post them here.

Hi, I recently built a large custom closet for a client. I used 3/4 prefinished maple ply for the dividers and shelves. I edge banded teh shelves with maple stock and I wrapped the entire unit with a maple face frame. All of the hardware came from www.hardwarehut.com, they have a much larger selection then what is on the web site. I posted pictures back in Sept. so if you can find them they may be helpful. I am having a hard time posting them again but I can e-mail them directly to you if you would like. I had two 5 drawer dressers and an ironing center along with a hamper pull out and a few other items. Let me know if you would like pictures.