Hi all- I’ve primarily worked with kiln dried lumber, and this past week I purchased some air dried ash, poplar, and hard maple. Moisture content ranging from 11-19%. I just stacked and stickered the boards in my shop to finish their drying, and figured I would plane a board or two just to take a look at what I bought. I see some small bug holes in the sapwood of the hard maple, maybe 1/16” in diameter. I am not all that hung up on the cosmetics of the lumber but am more concerned about storing it in my basement shop and whether the bugs could still be active and be interested in the wood framing of my house. The seller claims the ash and maple have been cut and stacked outside for two years, and the poplar was a cut log for many years and was just milled recently. Should I be concerned about storing these boards in my basement? I don’t have access to a kiln and am wondering if I just wasted my time and effort getting these neatly stored in the shop. I don’t know enough about potential pests and if they would still be active.

The poplar also has some small holes, the ask looks ok.

I can try to post some pictures later. I appreciate any advice!