Thread: segmented cross feature ring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Some progress. I am now looking for a bit more advise on where in this urn I should put the ring. I am thinking on taking one of the rings above the
    crosses and putting it below the crosses.
    Also presentation will be everything with this urn as some of the top vertical pieces of the cross do not line up. I built the top ring on its own instead of parting it off the bottom. Do you think if I parted a piece off now from the bottom on the cross and put it on the top so they all line up that it would through out the proportion
    u1.jpgu3.jpg

Draw the crosses as you are thinking with some differing proportions. Decide on the one you like the most and what is do able. Feature ring is usually at the widest point in the piece. Looks pretty good as is. It is best to have detailed drawings and have someone (others) critic the design for shape and proportion. Good luck. Allan
    C&C WELCOME

p1.jpgp2.jpgp3.jpgp4.jpgp5.jpgp6.jpg Progress pics of urn. Things are going good.

Don't know if I was much help, but you seem to have it whipped into line and close to the finish.
    C&C WELCOME

OOPS. I thought I could use little light in my after life. Already fixed. Had to make 4 new rings

Done. Not real impressed with the shape but I should fit. It held 21 cups of mortar mix. I learned to pay attention to the novice intermediate and advanced tabs in segment pro
    Thanks for following
    d2.jpg

Looks very good.
    C&C WELCOME

Quote Originally Posted by allan kuntz View Post
    OOPS. I thought I could use little light in my after life. Already fixed. Had to make 4 new rings
    Good save!!