Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cramer View Post
By the way #6 Grizzly makes just the thing a 12” disc sander and spindle sander combo. Metal is better than plastic that the bench top ones are made of.
One thing to be aware of is the G0529 has a polyurethane helical gear on the spindle sander, which is part of the reason it is inexpensive. To use a proper metal gear you need to have an oil bath which is what all the better spindle sanders have. Just something to be aware of.

To the OP, while you have gotten lots of good advice a way to get more is break up the questions into individual threads, they are free you know. Given this is still the internet people often avoid threads where it takes a book to even begin to answer all the individual questions. Also, try to give some realistic budgets. For example, bandsaw threads are why I wake up in the morning and when I see mid-level bandsaw I think $2-3K if bought new. Looking at the rest of the post we may not see that the same way.

I am also in the 240v makes no tangible difference over 120v on dual voltage motors unless it is an oddball that the high voltage wiring is designed to produce more hp. However, having a shop wired with plenty of 240v circuits is a no-brainer if feasible since 120v is limited to roughly 1.75hp on induction motors.