Thread: Is a 1.5 HP cyclone enough for my garage shop?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm happy to agree to disagree, Andrew.

But perhaps you can explain this performance sheet from a popular brand, why do all filter options list the same CFM for performance (1100)?

Screenshot_2019-04-23-19-41-24.jpg

Whether a high surface area canister filter, or lower area felt bag, same CFM. That doesn't align with reality.

I notice that they are careful in the manual to list the CFM under the base model with no filter...

Screenshot_2019-04-23-20-30-40.jpg

That's because they test it without the filter in place because they want to get a good number.

My source is my personal experience, and critical observation... no big evil corporations, just companies doing what they do... sell stuff... they are selling it with the limited info they need to provide, and consumers aren't demanding more, so why would companies go to the trouble of informing people that aren't interested (and may hurt their sales)?

$500 impulse purchase... I do it sometimes... and sometimes for more... sometimes I just need something and am not going to research the heck out of it or run all around town, sometimes what I really want isn't available locally or easily online so I just go directly to the local store and pick up what the sales guy tells me a little about, maybe has a name I recognize, and doesn't look like a POS...

I think that's what a lot of guys do...
    Last edited by Josh Kocher; 04-23-2019 at 8:34 PM.