Thread: First Table Saw- Delta 36-725 vs SawStop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good point. For that jointer planer machine you will need dust extraction but you could throw a harbor freight dust collector cheaply on just that one machine to get by until you one day did a full shop dust collector setup.

But you pointed out why it’s first on my list. If you can’t mill your lumber your limited in what you can do. And if you buy milled lumber you can’t change it or correct it later without the machine yourself. To me it’s the heart of the shop. Especially when combined with a bandsaw. (Unless you want to do everything with hand tools)

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Interesting Greg, when I teach seminars I put the jointer/planer and the band saw in the first seminar as I feel that they will allow the participant to maximize the construction of solid wood furniture.

The table saw is highly over rated in my opinion for solid wood fabrication.

Next on the list for machinery is the shaper..............You're absolutely correct about the bench and some basic hand tools as well the Festool sander and extractor.

Of course machinery also requires dust extraction.

The last machine for me is the format saw........Rod.
    Last edited by Greg Parrish; 05-22-2019 at 9:37 AM.