Thread: GF Arm-R-Seal or EnduroVar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you gentlemen for the informative responses. Your input is very much appreciated.

Empirically, id say they are very close. Aside from that, a little nod to ARS looking a little better(its hard to beat oil finishes), but enduro var is really really close. Not to mention, why expose yourself to the solvents and the mess of cleanup? I spray 6-8 gallons of endurovar a year and it lays down beautifully in the right conditions. It will get orange peely in sub 50 temps, but nothing a little heater cant assist with.

I like oil-based finishes, but environmentally its probably time we collectively move away from them. The water-bourne stuff is good and only getting better. Besides, you can always add a little bit of transtint to your spray cup if you want more ambering.

Enduro Var doesn’t look exactly the same as Arm R seal, both are easy enough to hand apply. I don’t think Arn R Seal is meant to be sprayed.

If if you are spraying you should look at the Enduro Poly, I think it’s GFs strongest finish.