I have a Hitachi CB13F. The next project I have lined up from my wife is a bed, which includes some pretty hefty resawing to do some bookmatched panels. I'd love to use this as an excuse to upgrade to something like a Laguna 1214, but realistically, I'd rather hold off (for now) and get my hands on a lathe first (wife has expressed interest in turning and she doesn't have to tell me twice if she wants to hangout in the shop).

So that leads me to just putting in a riser block. Problem is the bandsaw has been discontinued for so long I can't find anywhere that has a riser block for it. My thoughts are to buy a G0555 riser block and modify it to fit. I was thinking of one alignment pin hole drilled to size and one a bit oversize so I can get it aligned (I'm sure my holes will be off enough if I try to do 2 exact sized holes) or just using one pin, depending on how the pins line up. The blade guard should fit with some drilling/filing, and I've seen people modify the return blade guard by cutting in half and regluing with some jb weld and maybe a little reinforcement.

So, does anyone see any issue with this? My biggest concern is once I get it aligned, will I be able to keep the wheels aligned as I torque down the frame bolt and will that one bolt be enough to hold them in alignment long term?