Thread: Powermatic 66

Powermatic 66

new poster here. I just bought a PM 66 saw. it does not have the dust cover or the motor cover, are these needed? tim reeves

Not needed for sure. But it’ll help dust collection if you hook up a DC to it.

My Unisaw didn't have a motor cover either. I closed everything up, as tight as possible, including a movable magnetic sheet over the slot for allowing the depth wheel to move when the arbor is tilted, so I needed a way to let a lot of air in, without allowing sawdust to get thrown out. I built a box for a motor cover that accepts a slide in 12x12 HVAC filter. It couldn't work any better.

I have a PM 66, The dust cover is available in the aftermarket. I moved in 2015 and the dust cover was shattered by the movers, Don't remember where I got it.

It was optional when I bought mine. I've had to close it up further to improve dust collection.

I had to make my cover for the motor,and found aftermarket for the dust door. If you plan on dust collection then you will need these to get full benefit,but not necessary so make some saw dust. Welcome to best forum