The Background:

Longtime lurker, first post.

I'm a DIY'er and am starting to enjoy wood working more and more. A friend of mine taught me a concept of instead of paying somebody to do work on your house/car buy the tools
needed and do it yourself. Often you'll spend less, learn somthing and then have the tools for the next project.

I'm having a 14'x52' 3rd stall added to my garage. Much of this will be a wood shop, maybe a car hoist in the future and parking my vehicle

I own a Dewalt compound miter saw, drill press, dewalt planer, Festool tracksaw and festool cross cut table. Tons of hand tools and Milwaukee m18 stuff. 4 years ago i had to
sell my Powermatic 66 when we moved (not enough space). I still have a ryobi POS $90 table saw.

I see a jointer, drum sander, bandsaw, router table, table saw in my future. Oh and i'm buying an Oneida V3000 for new dust control.

Safety thoughts:

I've never been a huge fan of getting my fingers close to blades (DUH).

When I had my Powermatic 66 I loved how powerful/smooth it was. I know there are nicer/safer pushblocks like the Gripper to get
your fingers away from the blade but there are always limitations. Something has to be better/safer.

I've always felt awkward and not in control cutting a sheet of plywood in my Powermatic. This is why I got a tracksaw when i had to sell the Powermatic. The tracksaw is awesome,
but its slower and not acurrate for repeatable cuts unless i use some kind of parallel guide thing, but even that isn’t super accurate.

Table Saw thoughts:
I've been mesmerized by the Sawstop since I first saw the hotdog thing a long time ago. I've been thinking of getting a sawstop with the sliding table large or small.
But damn, its $5,000 when i add it all up. Its still a western cabinet saw with slider attached. I've read many threads on here dating back to 2007 and it seems like anybody that gets a sliding saw, says its awesome. A few guys still have a normal cabinet saw as well, but if only 1 can be owned, it sounds like the slider wins.

The Sawstop large sliding table needs feet so its not mobile at all compared to a Euro saw with that
cantilevered arm that the Grizly and Minimax ones use.

I was reading a few posts by Jim Becker (and others) about how they like Minimax sliders. Then i discovered the world of euro style sliding table saws.
While they don't have the safety feature of Sawstop, I think their design is ultimately safer. Less reaching accross the table (i'm only 5'7"), stand next to blade, ect.

I agree with the "Cry Once" mentality on spending. Am i a cabinet shop? NO! Will I ever use these saws to their full capability.....maybe. I need to build a ton of cabinets for
my shop, for an upcoming basement remodel, perhaps redoing our kitchen cabinets, or at least face frames and new raised panels.

My purchase can only use single phase 220v.

Some euro saws can’t use dado stack. The grizzly GO623x can. I know dados can be done on a router table or router jig too.

$$$:
If I didn’t build the cabinets myself, I could spend thousands to have these cabinets made, or even buy crappy ones from a big box store and spend thousands. So i'm thinking somewhere between $3500-$6,000 is my budget on a saw, but if I stay around $3500, then I could spend $1500-$2000 on some of the other tools I mentioned above.

I was thinking of a Grizzly GO623x for $3500 initially and if in a few years I think I want more saw, sell it and then get a Minimax SC3 or the 4e, but for the $1500 more now, is a Minimax SC2C a lot nicer than a GO623x?. Or do I just go to something with a 8' sled/wagon right out of the gate? That will be a ton of real estate, maybe I'll discover I don't actually rip anything 8' long.

Another concern is Factory support after the purchase. Grizzly has more presence in the USA, am I going to get the support if I have an issue with a Minimax?

Its a bit of a pain to compare all the minimax saws, not a ton of youtube videos in english. Grizzly i'm assuming isn't as good quality of machine vs an Italian saw, but is it even close to the entry Minimax in quality?

Anyways, I welcome all help, but please don't try to convince me to buy a traditional western cabinet saw, i want some form of euro style slider. After gathering intel here, I'm hoping to see a few of the front-runners in action before I make my decision. The 3rd stall is being built next spring, so i've got time, BUT, if I know what I want, and a sale comes, i'll pull the trigger now and squeeze it into the 2 car garage.

Thanks!