Hi All,
A few months ago while the wife and I were having a convo about how to furnish the bay window in the living room, I said " I should build a bench with storage to fill the space".... Ever since that day she bugs me once or twice a week about it. For her Christmas gift I would like to build this. I've attached a picture of the space. Its approx 2' deep x 10' wide, I want it to have a straight front. I would like to build a cabinet, trunk, bench, whatever you want to call it, that has face frames on the front with drawers that pull out of the front for storage. I would like the floor trim to continue along the bottom so it looks "built in", but I don't want to actually make it "built in". I have never made cabinets besides really basic ones for the garage, or made anything with pull out drawers. I don't want a lift top, if at all possible as we will be putting a cushion for sitting.

Besides the actual design of it I'm really having a hard time, figuring out what I will do with the floor ducting and electrical outlets that will be behind it. I would like to move the electrical and ducting so it will still be useable from the front / not blocked off. I really can't figure out how to do that, any suggestions?

Most of my projects have been very basic as I built my tools. I mainly work with hand tools, but recently acquired a small jointer, planer & I have a okay tablesaw.

I figured I'd build the skeleton out of 2x4's and then plywood everywhere else. Although I may do a solid wood top out of laminated 2x12's. I was thinking for the main straight section of the wall I could have the drawers there, and then for the two triangular portions of the bay window, I could make those lift top (trunk style) as I don't know how to make a triangular drawer.

Can anyone recommend

1) How to keep electrical & heat/ac ducting
2) A design to incorporate pull out drawers for the front.
3) The corners of the bay window are not sharp edges, but rounded corners, how do I recreate that roundover to fit the wall?

Thanksbay window.jpg