Thread: Music in the Shop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Thanks for another enjoyable source Jim. Our networked world has brought me so much music and so many artists I might have missed.
    Yes, streaming really does open up a whole world of opportunity when it comes to content and being able to access "the best of the best" anywhere is a wonderful thing. Aside from the normal excellent mix throughout most time periods, if you like the blues...the Saturday night blues show is da bomb and the curator is one of the best there is. David Dye still does a nice show on Sunday mornings since he retired from doing World Café, too, if you want a familiar voice. Mountain Stage originating out of West Virginia public radio is another favorite of mine.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 06-05-2021 at 11:00 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I use pandora and a pair of xfinity speakers. I listen mostly to blues and jazz (Coleman Hawkins and the Jellyroll Kings the current favorites). Pandora has the thumb print station that often present something I haven't heard before. Last week I discovered Imelda May, Eilen Jewel and Devil Doll. Great stuff. Also listen to the College of Du Page's jazz/blues station: wdcb.org

Back in the day, when we were transforming lowly 3 flats in Lincoln Park into million dollar homes, we had a JBL studio monitor bolted to a hand truck with a Harmon Karden tuner screwed to the top of it. The entire neighborhood knew when we were on the job!
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.