I have used a Makita LS1011 Miter saw for many years. Have never been satisfied with it when trying to make precise cuts for furniture making. The arbour has some play; the actual kerf is wider than the blade; lining up stationary blade with pencil line before cut does not work because blade shifts when running. The cut itself is not dead straight when checked with a steel ruler. These problems have existed since the saw was new.

While checking reviews for a replacement saw, I see similar complaints. For example, the Bosch Glide saws look great and get mostly great reviews, but too many precision users complain that the arbor is not lined up with the glide motion and cannot be adjusted, or complain that spinning blade does not line up with stationary blade, so can't set cut before making it.

I am thinking that a miter saw without slide mechanism ( just a chop miter) might be more precise and handle most situations.

Question: Has anyone found, and used, a precise miter saw ? By precise, I mean able to make cuts as clean and accurate as a good table saw can.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.