Thread: Ranges with double ovens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We (me really) recently redid our kitchen. (I built the cabinets from cherry via a SMC source and did all the other plumbing, electrical, flooring, drywall work myself. But that s not wt you asked.)

We chose a Kitchenaid Dual Fuel range with two ovens. The cooktop is gas, the ovens are electric. The larger (bottom) oven is convection. It has been in service now for about 8 months. Dual ovens was a good decision for us. You can do two dishes at the same time at different temperatures. We use that feature! Not all the time, but it is available. Depending on the height of the dish, the top oven gets used since it heats up quicker. We have never encountered a size restriction with the lower oven.

Good luck choosing,
    Ted

Blog Entries
    In our last house, we had a dual fuel range with gas cooktop and double oven with the smaller one on top. We seldom used the lower one. The small oven was great for 90% of what we did. It heated up in a flash.

For our current house, we got the double oven again. This time we went with an induction cooktop and will never go back to gas. I didn’t like cleaning all the nooks and crannies of the gas cooktop. I was never satisfied with the simmer with gas until I got a simmer plate. The glass induction top heats faster than our gas one did and is a snap to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    In our last house, we had a dual fuel range with gas cooktop and double oven with the smaller one on top. We seldom used the lower one. The small oven was great for 90% of what we did. It heated up in a flash.

For our current house, we got the double oven again. This time we went with an induction cooktop and will never go back to gas. I didn’t like cleaning all the nooks and crannies of the gas cooktop. I was never satisfied with the simmer with gas until I got a simmer plate. The glass induction top heats faster than our gas one did and is a snap to clean.
    Good to hear. We've settled on a dual oven induction range as part of our kitchen remodel. I expect we'll mostly use the smaller oven except when entertaining, which we used to do fairly often and hope to again soon. But even when it's just the two of us, we tend to cook several things on the weekend and have leftovers during the week, so there are plenty of times when a second real oven will get used. We have gas, and could have gone with a gas range or dual fuel, but the air quality issues with gas are a real concern. I trust myself to turn on the vent before lighting a burner and leaving the vent run, but my wife would just never do it.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

There is a good chance I will go for an induction range the next time I need a range. I am plumbed for both gas and 50 amp electric at the range. I have dual fuel now. I have solar so I would prefer to use electricity.

Have a double oven and use the smaller top one 95% of the time.

Do realize a double oven does not have a drawer in the bottom, We used it to store lids and had to fined a new storage place.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

We just bought a range with a double over this spring and really like it. For small stuff, we use the small oven. Being able to cook multiple items at different temps at the same time is nice as well.

The one downside is that bigger oven is at the bottom which is basically at floor level--that is a long way to bend down these days.