Thread: Jet hanging air scrubber remote issues

Jet hanging air scrubber remote issues

I have a Jet hanging air cleaner (actually all the brands and models look almost identical to me). Its about 10 years old. My remote will turn it on but not off. Sometimes won't even turn it on. Obviously have replaced batts with fresh, no change. I read somewhere a long time ago that these remotes were /are problematic. Any fixes anybody know of other than buying a new remote? Does Jet even sell remotes separately if that's the direction I need to go? My guess is a number of you on this forum have already dealt with this issue. Thanks. Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

Rockler (and others) sell replacement remotes for $40. I have not had issues with mine (fingers crossed and knocking on wood) but have thought of buying an extra one just in case. : )

https://www.rockler.com/extra-remote...SABEgIUSfD_BwE
    Last edited by Doug Colombo; 12-10-2021 at 7:23 PM. Reason: Correct spelling error

My remote for my 10+ years old Jet air cleaner died a horrible death when the battery leaked. I found that Jet does offer a replacement remote but I also found a comment in a forum that the new remotes do not work with the older air cleaners. Can't remember where I saw that post. So, vintage of the remote may be an issue. I've just lived with w/o the remote.
    Last edited by Brian Tymchak; 12-11-2021 at 7:35 PM.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Maybe plug it into a smart switch and control the smart with from your phone.

I had a similar problem with a JDS 750. Remote would start it but nothing else worked. Turned out to be a capacitor on the main board inside the cleaner. Apparently some capacitors can dry out over time. When I replaced it everything ran fine again. The thread is here if it would help.

I had an issue 2 years after I bought mine (maybe 12-14 years ago) and Jet just sent me a new one and the entire control / switch board. Try giving them a call, maybe you will get lucky, even though it's an older unit.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

I was going to say call Jet.

I bought a used one only to find the board was jury rigged and on/off didn’t work. I never even thought to call Jet, I just ordered a new board ($100).

I finally ordered a new one remote from Rockler, it arrived in short order and now everything works. Thanks. And Merry Christmas to everyone!!
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

Glad you have it back up and working. It really does help get the air cleaned up.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!