Thread: Dust Collection for Basement Shop - Seeking Advice/Suggestions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dust Collection for Basement Shop - Seeking Advice/Suggestions

I have been weighing my options for dust collection in my small basement shop for way too long now. I have been considering an Oneida Supercell, Mini Gorilla, or the Grizzly G0860 with HEPA filter. I know these aren't all a direct comparison, and I am open to other suggestions. I will be using one tool at a time and don't intend to run ducting. I have been using mostly hand tools and plan to purchase these power tools for the shop:
    • Dewalt 735
    • Grizzly 17" bandsaw
    • 8" Jointer

Over time I may add more power tools, i.e. track saw, router table, and drill press, but for now this is what I am starting with. I am also constrained by my ceiling height which is 78" in one room and 79-3/4" in the other. HEPA filtration is a must since I am connected to the rest of the house. I would like to future proof this purchase the best I can, but want to keep the purchase under $3k (ideally less).I would love to vent outside but don't feel comfortable boring through our stone walls to do so. The basement is a walkout.

I've attached a few photos of the shop for context... I'm still putting down the floor. Thinking the small room will be for machines and I can sound-proof it eventually. Larger areas for bench work, joinery and assembly.

THANK YOU in advance for any suggestions and advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images