Hi Everyone,

This is my first post to this forum. I have been reading many post over the past few months trying to decide on which jointer to buy. I have learned a lot from many of you and I thank all of you. Today I finally decided to go for the Grizzly G0490. I have a few Grizzly machines and have not had any problems with them. I must say that I think Grizzly has really grown over the years and is a really big contender in the tool industry. If anyone out there thinks they can buy a new American made peice of machinary for the home shop I think they would be wrong. Everything is imported!

I downloaded the manual for the 490 as well as the Delta DJ20 manual and as far as I am concerned they are almost the same machine. What sold me on the Grizzly was not only were you getting a DJ 20 clone, but one with a 3 HP motor, a mobile base, 4 knife cuttterhead and the switch above the fence. I haven't seen that on any Deltas and the price for a Grizzly is so much better. I will even have enough left over to put a good chunk towards a new 20" planer.

My only concern is I was planning a trip to Mucy next week to look at one but I found out they won't be in to late February so I ordered it and got on their list. I am a little worried because after reading all the forums, there are many of you who are on the same list. I sure hope that they have enough coming in. So keep your fingers crossed for me and thanks again for all your advice!!

p.s. Can't wait to get to that showroom, my wife is pretty worried about that trip!