Thread: FS: Lap-Sharp Sharpening System with Many abrasives and accessories

FS: Lap-Sharp Sharpening System with Many abrasives and accessories

Lap-Sharp with accessories and abrasives $950 plus shipping.

I purchased the lap-sharp in anticipation of future use. I thought it was way better than the Tarmac and I liked the flat disk over rotating wheel design. I was under the impression at one point that if I did not get abrasives back then, maybe I would not be able to get them in the future. I stocked up with $1,394 of abrasives. Recently I started to move from mostly power tools to more use of hand tools. I tried out the Lap-Sharp. I was pleased at how fast it worked. Compared to waterstones, no flattening. However, I purchased nice waterstones to compare, and for my hobby use limited to sharpening planes and chisels where I am not a collector, I think just having waterstones works best for me.

This Lap-Sharp is built like a tank, with a slow speed and the ability to go forward and reverse with a footswitch.

The major problem is that the company Wood Artistry went out of business because it was so expensive for them to manucfature these built to last for a lifetime heavy duty machines, they could not survive.

I have a very high number of aluminum disks and multiple abrasives new of just about every type. I only used 1 standard set. See pictures (systainer not included).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abrasives 1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	498474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abrasives 2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	498475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lap-Sharp 1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	498476Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lap-Sharp 2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	498477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lap-Sharp 3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	498478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lap-Sharp 4.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	498479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lap-Sharp 5.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	498480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lap-Sharp 6.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	498481

If someone wants this, you pay shipping. I will box everything up and take it to the UPS store. If with the weight and dimensions you can provide me a label for USPS or FedEx or UPS, that works for me also. Local pickup in Southern cal even better.

I would love to have this if not already taken. I am in boulder, 80302. Thanks. Prabha

Prabha, I sent you more than 1 notification with my best email contact and cell phone number, but not getting a response. Enclosed is a prior review. As an FYI, it will sell to whoever reaches out to me with a serious interest and provides contact info so I can complete the transaction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lap-Sharp Rave Review.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	498808

Hi Joel,

I'll give you the $950 + shipping for it. PM sent.

Rick Bambauer

In case this unit is sold, I also have one for sale. Used less than a dozen times. Please PM me or email me directly at vvjk at yahoo.

Vijay Kumar

Joel. My sincere apologies . I access the forum on my Kindle Fire and hadn't noticed that it automatically logs me out between sessions. So the new message notification never showed up after the first one to which I replied. Just to close this out I will call you this morning regardless of whether it has sold or is still available.
    Prabha

Sold. Sounds like there is an option for you Prabha!