Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Any tips about buying a skid steer?

I usually tow a 24 foot enclosed trailer so it is a really long combination. My friends and I have managed to get into some pretty tight gas stations. Sometimes I can get better prices at a station without truck lanes.

Blog Entries
    Do you need a CDL to drive this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew whicker View Post
    You don't on a standard motorhome, like my 35', even when attached to a long trailer making the combo near semi length. I don't think most states require it on a bus style motorhome either as long as its personal use and not chartered for passengers. But, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew whicker View Post
    No. There is an exemption in all 50 states so far as I know to drive an RV without a CDL. Some states require a special non-commercial license if over a certain size and weight. I went through all the reading, testing and such to get my CDL permit at one point, but it turned out I didn't need a CDL after all so I never did the road test. (Insurance company at a job was going to require a CDL on private property, but the insurance company decided not to require a CDL.)

I know all about the tests and checks you need to do on the vehicle and I do them. I make sure the compressor can recharge the air system in the right amount of time and all that.

I am looking at buying a used Power-Trac loader with a bunch of attachments. Power-Trac makes these things in the USA and these are designed for a homeowner with a decent size property to maintain. The bad part is the drive to get it means hundreds of dollars in tolls.

Blog Entries
    This interesting video showed up in my youTube feed.

Best Regards, Maurice

I happened to get that same Bobcat history video recommended in Youtube last week. I have not been watching any equipment videos on Youtube so I wonder if they used my Google search history?