Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
I'm with you, Dean. I couldn't get myself in the right place to spend that much $$ on the Vesper or the B Spruce, but - man - I came very close a couple times. I've searched a lot and never found a small one. When you do, please give us a heads up.

They speak highly of you, Tony

May we assume you were a regular customer of Blue Spruce back in the day, and are now dissatisfied with the products or service? Which are your favorite Blue Spruce tools? I've got several I really like. Be interested in your evaluation of your hoard.

I've never bought from Woodpecker, only because I wasn't looking for a product they had to offer. Apparently they've been petty doggone successful with their business model. Which would seem to indicate non-stupid. But I may be wrong about that.
Perhaps not stupid but definitely inconvenient. I have a couple of bench chisels, three long paring chisels, a skew set, a large and small bevel square, the bevel setting block they had a while back, and most recently a square mallet. All of the products have been top notch. Probably would have had a full set of bench chisels but there was a problem with him getting them when I would have ordered. This was back in the day when Dave Jeske would answer the emails. My problem with the system is that unless you happen to need a tool when they’re producing it you’re in for a long wait. The small bevel came quickly because I ordered it when they were in a run of them. The square mallet took months because I had to wait for it to be in a run. The three tools I’ve ordered since the changeover have all seemed to be well made if that makes a difference.