I wanted to share my experience with the CWI Stinger 15" CWI-HC16-01 cutterhead for my Craftex CX-15 planer as there is no information out there about it. It's another option out (more so for us Canadians) competing with the Byrd, Lux Cut III, Grizzly etc heads. It's a 5 row 75 insert head made in taiwan. I didn't really want to pay duty for the Byrd and Lux Cut III, and the Grizzly/Busy Bee heads use 5mm bolts instead of 10-32. It went on sale and it ended up being out of stock so it took 3 1/2 months till it showed up at my door.
Stinger1.jpg
Here's how it showed up on my doorstep.
Stinger2.jpg
How it was packaged inside. Not quite the same as what you see from the other brands but it got here in one piece.
Stinger3.jpg
And there was no cutters in the box. Contacted them the next day as they had already closed. They wanted some pictures of the box and head to check if I got the right head, and to check with the factory as to why the cutters weren't included. Factory said they only ship them with cutters so maybe mine slipped through. A comparison with the original 3 blade head.
Stinger4.jpg
So they shipped me out the missing cutters, along with the basic hardware kit. I asked if there was a sticker and they included one. Not sure its normally included of not. It uses the normal 15mm x 15mm x 2.5mm tapered cutters.
Stinger5.jpg
Upon disassembling my gearbox, I found 2 bearings were rough and one stiff. Not the best impression from a planer that has 1 hour of run time so I replaced all the gearbox bearings and cutterhead with quality name brand bearings. One thing no one seems to mention with all these cutterheads that get installed is the seal size, they just install the seal that comes with the head. Some say the 2006 and older need the newer seal but never what the seal size it. I don't know if it normally ships with a seal but I'm also not installing it in a planer that is listed it fits. So my planer being made in 2022 should be good right? Nope, looking at owners manuals from all the planer brands, Taiwan planers come with a 28x40x8 seal and China planers come with a 25x40x10 seal. Mine being a made in China planer had a 25x40x10 seal. Measuring the new cutterhead shows a 26.2mm sealing surface which is neither both sizes. I did find an old post on LumberJocks that they measured on their Byrd 15" head also had 16.2mm. So I ordered a 26x40x10 seal (pictured above) that fits perfect.
Stinger6.jpg
Here it is installed with all its cutters. Everything went together fine once I had the correct seal installed.
Stinger7.jpg
Obligatory sticker install on the planer.
Stinger8.jpg
This is a piece of Japanese cherry I ran through the planer with no adjustments from the old cutterhead. This stuff is pretty hard.

I'm pretty happy with the result. Sure the process could have been a little smoother but everything worked out in the end. Hopefully this might help someone in the future.