Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
That movement is from the inertia of the gantry and spindle head's mass moving and then stopping. That's where the heavier welded machines come into play since their rapids are a lot mo' rapid than the small machines. For those of us who do "non industrial" work, it's not a big compromise, IMHO. I'd want a heavier, more robust machine for true production, however, because all that movement that's constant will most certainly start to affect machine accuracy when, not if, fasteners start to "self adjust" on a bolt-together design. So if you get the business to where you are really doing more production stuff, an upgrade conversation will likely become reality. "Right tool for the actualy job", as it were. In the meantime, AVID's machines are amazingly adaptive and well designed ... and affordable.
All good points. I am still glad I went with this machine. The plan is grow the business before upgrading. The vibration is mostly on the Z axis movement when doing tabs, so it goes up and down for the tabs.