Thread: New Tractor (non-wood-working tool/toy)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow!! Now that's a tractor! Have fun learning all about it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Sweet! I'm ready for another tractor!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

Beautiful tractor Greg, a real work horse machine. Those who own tractors are very fortunate as they are valuable tools that are used almost every day. I would be lost without mine and feel crippled in my efforts to maintain my property and support my workshop. A FEL is necessary in my opinion and should be installed on every tractor. Two Thumbs Up on your new machine, congratulations !!!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-06-2023 at 7:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    That is a beauty! It is hard not to think of young Henry Ford, watching his Parents and Grandparents work their fingers to the bone, wanting to come up with a way to help ease their toils. We are running out of old-timers who can tell about what life was like before the tractor and the motor car became attainable items.
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 12-06-2023 at 7:25 AM.

Nice rig! You will get a lot of enjoyment out of having a cab for the hot days and keeping the bugs at bay. Front wheel assist and a loader make any tractor punch above it's weight class. Congrats!

Congrats, it should keep you out of trouble for a while

Nothing handier than a tractor with a loader, unless it has a grapple too
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Barber View Post
    Nothing handier than a tractor with a loader, unless it has a grapple too
    Agree. I wish I would have had a grapple at our old property over the years...it would have got a lot of use for sure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Beautiful tractor Greg, a real work horse machine. Those who own tractors are very fortunate as they are valuable tools that are used almost every day. I would be lost without mine and feel crippled in my efforts to maintain my property and support my workshop. A FEL is necessary in my opinion and should be installed on every tractor. Two Thumbs Up on your new machine, congratulations !!!
    I agree, Keith. Even though I use the Big Orange Power Tool a lot less here at our downsize property, it still provides utility and helps with a lot of things. Not bad for a machine I bought in 2021...and have had to do minimal repairs.

-----

Greg, having third function is a really good thing for what I perceive you will be using your new tractor for. Good call on getting the cab, too, especially where you live
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

farmer here used different machines over the years to unload machines for me. tractors skid steers and last was a massive John Deere thing. that machine about 2,500 lbs. They always refused money saying thats what you do for neighbours. When her father was older or away I cut his lawn a number of times as thats what we do for our neighbours. Great people, their farm now becoming a sea of homes.

Blog Entries
    Very nice. Color me green.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Very nice, I need more land so I can buy a tractor! Brian
    Brian

Been a busy couple of weeks adding to the Orange Fleet.

Traded in my Polaris Ranger single seater for a new Kioti K9 2440 double seat with 24hp diesel. It’s no where near as peppy as the 60hp gas Ranger engine, but it will seat my whole family and shares the diesel fuel used in my two tractors.
    IMG_4732.jpg

Picked up a barely used Woods RT72.40 6’ tiller. It’s red but almost looks orange. LOL. Does a very nice job. Prior owner must have never really used it because other than a scratch or two in the paint, it looked and operates like new.
    IMG_4703.jpg

Traded in a bunch of older implements that were either too large or too small for this tractor along with an extra 12’ utility trailer we didn’t need and ended up with enough credit to justify some new gear.
    IMG_4681.jpg

New gear included a 64” Kioti DH2064 harrow made by Woods, a 6’ heavy duty Bad Boy rotary cutter and a 6’ Bad Boy box blade.
    IMG_4654.jpg
    IMG_4652.jpg
    IMG_4566.jpg

Also got the second rear port installed for hydraulic top and tilt links and got the Kioti 3rd function kit installed so my grapple will work now
    IMG_4650.jpg
    IMG_4698.jpg

Blog Entries
    That is an impressive fleet! I am glad not to see a snow blower throwing up a giant rooster tail.