Hello all, new user here. I’ve been lurking and observing on several woodworking sites. But decided to land here.

Not really new to wood/home repair/ little project things. But my wife has me upping my game. I have 2 inherited tools, 10” Ryobi miter and a table saw. Use them occasionally. Now we are making small crafts and projects. So those two tools get me by. I have found the need for a drill press and a bandsaw. I’ve got a small budget of $200 and under for each tool. I know my research says that’s hardly doable.

I’ve been doing some research and still on the fence for a drill press and bandsaw. They would be used for small projects/crafts nothing large. I’ve been looking at pawn shops and shopping around. I found a Skil 10” drill press at a pawn shop for $80. It’s not been used very much, has a little surface rust on the table and post. It runs smooth and has steel pulleys instead of plastic. 3.5 amp motor and did not rattle or make strange noises when running. Overall not too bad for the price. Not sure about it though.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated guys on a purchase for a hobbyist. Thank you and looking forward to reading more.