Thread: Completely overthinking first table saw purchase. Please help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Completely overthinking first table saw purchase. Please help

I’m selling off some work equipment to clear up some space and pay for new tools. I’m a DIY hobbyist, probably not going to be turning woodworking into a career at any point, so I’m not going all in. I’m looking at the Fusion F1 saw vs the Hybrid Grizzly’s as my first and potentially only saw.

I’m mainly going to be using the saw to rip sheets of plywood for cabinets, built ins, cutting dados and smaller projects like keepsake boxes with splines and such.

The Fusion F1’s dust collection and table is making me lean in that direction over the Grizzly models.

Then we get into the SawStop discussion. I might be able to stretch for the hybrid contractor SS and I want to avoid jobsite saws because I’ve been borrowing one and even with my makeshift outfeed table, I just don’t feel as safe ripping sheets of plywood as I would on a proper table saw. Spending more on the table saw also means less than I can spend for other tools. Price difference is essentially a Festool track saw kit.

Long story short… besides the “how much are your fingers worth” discussion, how do the F1 and Grizzly hybrids hold up as a hobbyist saw and is the SawStop worth stretching for in terms of quality?
    Last edited by Stephen McBride; 02-13-2024 at 8:21 PM.