I have a Dewalt DW715 that I've had for about 20 years. Although I know this saw has a terrible startup, I've not had any problem with the torque until this afternoon. I went to cut a piece of aluminum angle, 1/16" thickness. I have done this numerous times. When I touched the start switch, the saw jerked so quickly and that it jumped and hit the aluminum so fast that it violently slammed it into my hand. and threw it across the room. At first I was afraid to look at my fingers. They hurt as if a sledge hammer had hit them. First thing I though was that I had lost some fingers. Luckily all if well there, although my three fingers are bruised and hurt like hell. No broken bones, nor cuts or tears, just smashed.
I feel fortunate that this was not worse. Accidents happen in the blink of an eye, even when we think we are being careful. And yes, before anyone asks, a am experienced with power tools and have been woodworking for over 50 uears with no other issues.
I now and thinking that I need to upgrade my saw with a new soft start miter saw. Any suggestions?