Thread: Professionals given no credit on forums..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    We bought a dual Woodwmaster sander at a commercial shop one time. We had nothing but trouble and sold it. I brought this up during a conversation on Woodworkingtalk. One member and one moderator both talked about how great they were. Neither bought their sander and had never owned one, but talked about how great their website was. Anybody can have a great website, but if you have never owned tye tool, you haven’t the information to promote the tool.

tired of fighting with people who knew very little other than what they read , led me to stop going over there..

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    We bought a dual Woodwmaster sander at a commercial shop one time. We had nothing but trouble and sold it. I brought this up during a conversation on Woodworkingtalk. One member and one moderator both talked about how great they were. Neither bought their sander and had never owned one, but talked about how great their website was. Anybody can have a great website, but if you have never owned tye tool, you haven’t the information to promote the tool.

tired of fighting with people who knew very little other than what they read , led me to stop going over there..
    This is like when you're shopping and ask the salesperson about a product and they start reading the box to you.

Blog Entries
    Exactly…….

Many years ago my wife asked me why I insist on going to the store to look for stuff, rather than just phoning and asking if they had the product in stock.
    I simply don't trust the people to know or care enough to find out.

I remember many decades ago going into department store and heading to the vacuum cleaner department and asking the gentleman that worked there if they had any vacuum cleaners with a power head, to which he replied no. Looking behind him, I saw vacuum cleaners with power heads, which I pointed out to him, his reply was that this wasn't his department he was just filling in for someone.

So I don't phone, I go to the store and check the shelves myself, I sometimes go out back and check the warehouse too, as if the shelf is empty, it doesn't mean they don't have any, sometimes they are just too lazy to refill it, and it isn't any point asking if they have any out the back in the warehouse.