I lost my best friend at 9 yrs old to another friend who was showing off his father’s shotgun. Sweetest kid you ever saw. I actually lost both of them that day. It just took John 10 yrs of suffering to kill himself in a drunken wreck. These things happen! Also a gun owner of some 60+ yrs. My experience informs all of my gun related decisions. I have my Grands around every day. My guns are so locked down that if anyone breaks in I’ll hit’em with a stick. I can’t have it any other way. I have some of my Grandfather’s and Dad’s weapons. All are in excellent operable condition. I attach no sentimental value to a gun. It is purely a weapon. My kids don’t want them and I am disposing of them one by one. It was difficult to sell the Model 92, but I hadn’t shot it in years and I use the 500 all the time. I’ve taken the Porta-band to a couple. Roger, honestly, I would say get rid of it. Gift it to someone who will bring it back and enjoy it. There is no end to the ingenuity of an inquisitive child.