Thread: Band saw bolting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My 20c worth. If you bolt it down something is going to break so that would not be a good idea. I presume you have spun the bottom wheel using the motor with no blade and it does not vibrate, now get a socket and adaptor for a drill and spin the top one and see what happens, if that is ok add the blade and remove the motor and drive the assembly with a drill. The vibration is caused by something rotating so it needs to be tracked down systematically. Balancing as you have tried is static balancing, dynamic balancing is done with the part rotating at a fairly high speed which could be attempted using a drill but it would be very hit and miss and not something I would do.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

My little mill/drill had a sheet metal guard vibrate like crazy. I was going to paint it inside with grafting seal to soak up the vibration. I stuck a free harbor fright magnetic parts tray on the side and it no longer makes any noise. that extra weight was enough to calm things down.
    BilLD

What is the condition of the tires on the saw?

I saw big vibration improvements on a 14” Delta clone I had after replacing the old rubber tires with urethane tires.
    When a glue bottle is open, your IQ drops 50 points. - Chris Schwarz, The Anarchist’s Workbench

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Norton View Post
    What is the condition of the tires on the saw?...
    Good question.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."