Thread: Question on Double Square tool quality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    THanks Jimmy,

well the original Lee Valley Double square (~$51.00) was made in the USA. This square was off more when the sliding part was at one end of the rule than the other when comparing it to my other squares. A friend and I then measured the width of the slot in the rule and it was wider at one end of the 4" rule than the other (using digital caliper)

So that's when decided to return the LV ones and buy the Starrett for 2X the price (ouch!). When that was off (in the pictures I shared) I just returned that one back to Amazon.

thanks for your suggestions

'mark

I sent them a photo of my caliper one day, maybe had 40 years on it and beaten to hell and still works perfect. They gave it to the Pres at the time as it really did show the level of quality. I have a panasonic camera same had over 10 years of being beaten up even forgotten in the rain. Finally died, tons of deep battle scars in it from being on my belt. Both of them spoke highly considering what they went through. Caliper is still perfect camera replaced. Easy for me to buy from both those companies.