Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
Thank you for the offer, but I don't think the logistics will work out.
Surprise, surprise. I tried.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you posted above.
...and yet this is where you started. So, I'll take this as a tiny win for reality.

... villains for spending tens of millions of dollars over the past few decades to deliberately mislead people with exaggeration, misinformation and outright lies.
I left this one alone until now to keep from laughing.

Good thing no one has done this to Big Oil. You know.... like there is no fracking exaggeration, no 300mpg technology suppression misinformation, no outright lies and fraud on groundwater contamination, no internet forum myths. And no one in PA has ever drilled a hole in a crude pipeline then reported the evil 'spill' to the EPA, all while they were on security cameras. ...Right?? Right. ROFLMAO

EVs? Gotta keep O&G prices up, but down just enough to discourage switch to EVs?
Imagine that! Competition! Really good thing this has never happened before. Right?
Except the same dilemma has existed since the Model T. Even the villains know it is in no ones best interest to keep prices high: prior to EVs, if gasoline prices got too high, people simply quit driving. Rode bikes. Soda sales plunged. Huge drag on the economy. Big Oil went broke. Then who would make gear oil for wind turbines, skins for solar cells, straws, fertilizer, Crocs, performance fabrics for The North Face, or elastic for my lacy delicates? Terrible horrible very bad no good. Best we not go there. Teehee.

Yep. A sundown industry. Enjoy. Out.