I got to be pretty good at brushing on OB finishes, but it did take a long learning curve, and trials of different brushes to get there. Our relocate/downsize to a condo canceled the VOC options, and nuked any chance to start with spraying.

Had a lot of difficulty making the transition to brushing WB. GF Endurovar and Hi-Perf both were problematic with brush strokes. Could not get around the problem, even trying different foam applicators and different brushes. Got better, but still not there. Got a lot of good assistance in various threads here, but I couldn't make it happen.

And so - Based on comments in another thread here, I changed products again - sampled both Minwax Oil-Modified and Polycrylic on the underside of a cherry table top. Switched brushes, again, to Purdy Nylox [clear improvement - for me - over Purdy Syntox and the Lee Valley nylon bristle].

And - added 3%-4% by volume of GF Enduro Extender [left over from my earlier dances with the GF finishes]

I went with the Polycrylic on the good side. I'm getting zero residual brush strokes on the cured finish. I also don't have to worry about finishing the underside - plenty of coveraget by different products there.

I am confident that there are a lotta folks here that can do much better than I, but I finally got to a happy place. Thanks to all who answered my questions along the way.