Thread: Issue with table beds on Delta 6" Jointer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Mark,

If the fence needs to be jointed, take it to a local machine shop. That is something they should easily be able to do.
    Hi all,

I wanted to give a quick update (and thanks for all the suggestions) to this post on the resolution. I did end up taking the fence to a few machine shops near me. Most of these places (Chicago suburbs) have a minimum fee to do work. I went with the 3rd place as their price was the lowest and what the described they would do seemed to make the most sense. The problem was that the back of the fence was not flat, so They first had to grind that flat to be able to put in on their large (and I mean large) grinder. The grinder had a magnetic base to hold the piece while the ground it.

I had detected that the fence cupped out towards the front, and the owner told me it did indeed but it also had a twist to it. He basically got it flat within a few thousandths of an inch. It now sits pretty straight to the outfeed bed, but there’s still a small deviation in the bed which I will live with. So for not its much better than it was!

Thanks again!

Finished product below.
    Attached Images Attached Images