Thread: Do You Avoid Buying Gas When...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    That's interesting because in my experience, Costco's gas price is generally lower than typical local stations, especially "name brands" that are also Top Tier fuel. Here, the cost difference is as much as twenty cents a gallon lower. I've found advantage while traveling up and down the east coast, too, with using Costco when it's reasonably close to the route. But I'm sure there are areas that are different.
    When we lived in California Costco was often the lowest price in the area.

Here it is different, plus there are a couple of other factors in the equation:

Gasbuddy Vancouver WA.png

This is Vancouver, Washington prices. Oregon often has lower prices. This only shows Sinclair for a major's price. Sinclair is new to the area. This chart showed Union 76 and Arco at $4.39, the same as Walmart. Chevron was at $4.55, they are often one of the highest prices around here.

Fred Meyer and Safeway have promotional pricing with their Rewards Card. For every $100 spent in their stores the customer can get 10¢ per gallon off of their fuel prices up to $1. With certain promotions you can receive up to 4 times fuel rewards points. We usually get at least 50¢ per gallon and often we get a whole dollar. That is handy with my truck as it can take ~30 gallons to fill.

Consulted Dr. Google on > when fuel is being delivered to a service station does it cause more muck in the fuel < interesting answers about fuel filters in the gas pumps and liability of service stations if these, required in most states, filters do not trap sediment and ruin people's cars.

Also found something else to consider > https://living.acg.aaa.com/auto/risk...iving-on-empty

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 04-05-2024 at 9:02 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)