Hi all,

I just graduated to a Sawstop PCS 3HP from working on a Dewalt jobsite for a few years. New to me, not new but you'd be hard pressed to tell. I'm all caught up on the constraints of blade selection for the brake cartridge. I've never had 'premium' blades before having always used Freud and been happy with them. Most if not all of Freud blades have the shoulders on them that don't jive well with the brake system.

I would like to stay within one family of blade for consistency (sharpening, diameter, kerf, etc). I'm looking solely at full kerf to avoid having to fuss with riving life alignment or swapping to a 2.0mm riving knife.

I was all set to go Forrest and get a 40T combination ATB-R to use for most stuff but they don't seem to offer a 24T FTG for joinery. Then I got to looking at Ridge Carbide. They have 40T ATB-R, a 24T FTG, and a box joint set with FTG that you flip the blades to make either 1/4 or 3/8. I had a set like this from Freud and liked it. The Freud, again, has shoulders, so it's out.

As this is a pretty hefty one time investment I wanted a sanity check on my thoughts for the two main blades I'd be using. My workflow has never centered around the table saw but I'm looking to grow into that. In the past I'd use a combination of Festool, miter saw, shooting boards, and MFT setups to do what I wanted. I do everything from cabinetry (but will continue using track saw for sheet good large breakdown to final sizing), to some furniture, to my latest pursuit of hand cut joinery. Not opposed to doing some joinery on the table saw for larger scale work.

Thanks,
Matt