Hi all,

I have been Googling for an entry level engraver - I don't need to cut - I just want to add some logos, letters, etc. to my wood projects. The first project I'd like to do is for a local charity - making beef flights for a beer fest. These are wooden boards with drilled recesses to hold sample sized glasses for beer. I'd like to be able to add "Beer Fest 2024" and maybe a logo to these boards.

I have been looking at the LaserPecker entry level system and saw some significant adverse opinions on the LaserPecker here in prior messages.

I have also been looking at some of the other entry level machines and they all seem to be marketing pieces rather than objective reviews.

As I said the first project is for 100 of these beer flights - and I am looking for a reality check on how much I need to be spending and what is a good system to dip my toe in the water with? I'd like to keep my initial investment under $500 if possible - but if that is just a non-starter I'd rather know that now and go talk to the boss to see if she will approve a budget increase. Pay once, cry once.

Thanks
Martin