Thread: sander dust collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Watch the level of suction,it can lead to excessive sanding marks.
    Less so with abranet.
    Festool has adjustment for suction level,not sure about the others.

Quote Originally Posted by STUART Robertson View Post
    Watch the level of suction,it can lead to excessive sanding marks.
    Less so with abranet.
    Festool has adjustment for suction level,not sure about the others.
    Mirka has variable speed on their vac.

I sand outside on a day with wind, and even then use supplied air. I neither want to clean it up, nor breathe it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

20 x 20 box fan in a window.

So 3M ambient air blower there. Quality product one sales guy told me they were overbuilt. Hoods stink compared to Sata but all up to the hood really good good quality.

I had an older Bosch that I used with my central DC. Upgraded to a Festool sander and used that with the central DC - this was a huge upgrade in both efficiency and comfort. I then later added the Festool vac to go with the sander. Again a step up in convenience and incremental improvement in efficiency.

I do not use the variable speed of the vacuum very often. I do use a variety of paper including the 3m abranet which I prefer over the festool paper.

All I can offer is that this combination performs very well. Efficient sanding with modest noise, minimal dust (most important!), and good comfort.

I upgraded from middle-range sanders (Milwaukee and also had a dewalt that I just donated to the garbage bin) that I would hook up to a wet/dry vac with a hepa filter to Festool sanders and one of their extractors. It was night and day, both in dust collection and how well and quick sanding went. I actually don't mine, almost like sanding now. I tested my Milwaukee with my dust extractor and my Festool sander with my wet dry and overall performance was no where near the same.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!