I've used gallons upon many gallons of EnduroVar. It had a very nice reddish tint, brushed and sprayed great, and was very durable. Fast forward. A few years ago, GF decided reformulating it would be a good idea. I don't know who it was a good idea for, but definitely not for the product. It's now clear/yellow. Much worse, all I get is bubbles when applying it by hand, be it with a foam or synthetic bristle brush, both acceptable methods per the application instructions.

Here's a comparative photo of the old and new.

Here's the old EnduroVar on maple:

And the new version, EnduroVar II:

I tried adding Extender to it. Not much better, definitely not acceptable. I haven't tried spraying it yet. But at almost $150 per gallon to my door this is a huge disappointment.

I looked on GF's website for contact info, hoping to find an email address or phone number. All I find is a fax number. Does anyone have a phone number for tech support, or at least a general number? Or an email address for customer service.

As you might be able to tell, I'm pretty disappointed. The company whose products I never had problems with and could once call to talk with tech support, is no longer the same company. Maybe that's the biggest disappointment of all.

John