Thread: Creeker’s Past Weeks Accomplishments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    This past week I finished up the Systainer storage project, albeit I'm going to call it "phase one" as I plan on a couple more cabinets on top of those between the door and the flattening table when I get more material...it's flexible in that it can take the sliding drawers or fixed shelving so some additional storage space will allow me to better organize some other things. They are based on the Tanos plan for their sliding drawer/shell product but utilize inexpensive full extension slides and simple drawer/shelves for the Systainers that were relieved on the CNC to hold onto the "feet". But in a nutshell, I'm very happy with how things turned out. I'll be doing a thread when I have time to process all the photos, but here's the end result to-date:

SystainerCabinets.jpg ShopSystainerAdded.jpg

I also took care of some spring landscaping tasks on the nicer days.

This week I have a few additional shop organization things I want to take care of and some planning for a few home improvement things to come this spring and summer.
    Nice job on those, Jim. I just got lazy and ordered the Festool ones years ago, for a ridiculously high amount of money. Yours are prettier, and look more useful.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I finally got to do some serious cutting on my 17" grizzly bandsaw. I resawed some 8/4 poplar into 4/4 without the saw breaking a sweat. Going from a 1/3 hp 12" saw to 2 hp 17" saw was a big jump, but the speed and power still amazed me.

That poplar has now been milled and cut into a collar for a kegerator build so I can finally stop having to bottle my homebrew beer. In true woodworker fashion, I dovetailed the box together even though its going to be painted. Nothing like a small detail that nobody else will ever see.