Frank, thanks for the reminder...I've been remiss in posting those photos due to distractions, including four days with a five year old blond tornado staying with us (my grand nephew) when his dad had to go to the ER and deal with a serious medical issue. The age-old "trying to be three places at once" thing. LOL

At any rate, here's the end result. I normally only put BLO on work surfaces, but decided to actually use a film finish on this bench despite the risk of it getting cut up over time. The top is assembled from "scrap" purple heart and cherry with just a little white oak and it's kind of a "beautiful" element in the shop. So I did three brushed coats of Varathane oil based "poly" that I had in the cabinet to build and fill, followed by flattening, three wiped on coats and then polishing to bring out that beauty. I can verify that glue cleanup is easy. I'm really pleased with the end result. I physically made this benchtop in 2020, intended to get it flattened in the big sander at Bucks County Hardwoods, but with the pandemic and other distractions, that never happened. That's now been rectified.

Bench-9.jpg Bench-10.jpg Bench-11.jpg