Thread: Cordless Circular Saw Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    These - are taking a lot of the "stuck feeling" out of the battery situation.
    Something to consider.
    My cordless saws are all Makita - 36v (two 18v) track saw, 5 3/8" 18v trim saw and 3 3/8" trim saw.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I can't answer your direct question, as I also have Teal-colored batteries. What I can say though, is that after buying a decent cordless circular saw, I have not used my corded saw since. I even gave it to my kid, since I could imagine no situation where I would want the corded one over the cordless. I did however buy a second cordless one that fits on my Teal-colored track.

I have a Dewalt 6 inch cordless 20V saw. It is lightweight and has no trouble cutting through 2x material accurately. For longer cuts or sheet goods, I use my tracksaw. I used to use the Dewalt corded saw, but I got a deal on the cordless Dewalt with 6AH 60V battery, so I have been using that lately. It has all the power and features of the corded saw, and seems to handle the same. It was great using it outside when working on the deck where I could rip boards without a power cord getting in the way. In the shop, it gets a hose for dust collection, but it's still nice not to have the power cord as well.

The one negative about the Dewalt is that the tracks are slightly different from the Festool ones, so a lot of the third-party accessories, like parallel guides, don't work with them. The Dewalt saw will work on Festool rails, but I don't want to buy new rails as I have the 42", 58" and 102" rails. Dewalt does make an adapter for their track to use with a router, but I haven't tried it yet.

Derek