They are going crazy building standalone car washes in my area. I know of at least three currently under construction nearby, and a few others that recently opened. Car washes are going up all over the Minneapolis metro area. There will easily be three times as many standalone car washes once they are all open. Heck, there is a car wash that had long been open and a competitor built a new car wash a block or two down the road. Previously, most car washes were part of gas stations. I would guess at least 50% of gas stations have a car wash. Fleet Farm stores have a gas station and a four lane car wash at most locations.

Are they building a bunch of standalone car washes in your area too? I usually use the car wash at Fleet Farm because they have four lanes. The only issue is typically at least one lane is closed, and I have seen three of the four lanes closed. This is after they had the car wash equipment totally replaced about two years ago. It broke down all the time before replacement, and it breaks down after replacement. They have two touchless lanes and two lanes with foam brushes. I only use the touchless lanes and sometimes only one touchless lane is open with a long line and no line for the brush lanes.