Thread: Titebond 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't use it in bent laminations or veneer work because it can creep, especially if it gets warm. TB II has become my go to shop adhesive. I also don't use it in exterior door glued up panels because the panel can separate at the glue line if it gets really hot from sun. But for non-structural exterior applications, it's done well. I have some outdoor furniture that's fine after 10 plus years, and the three edge glued redwood boards on the roof of a birdfeeder I made over 20 years ago have yet to fail despite sitting out fully exposed year-round.

John

Yea, not a fan of TB III myself. I don't like the glue line consistency/color/residue. It's a fine glue, but after using nearly a gallon of it, I switched to TB II (extend) or TB Quick and Thick as my two go-to and I'm much happier. For glue-ups where you don't need a lot of time, quick and thick is awesome stuff. I do use the dark for certain woods. For anything outdoor, which is rare, I use epoxy. Only failure I had was on roasted oak, but I was expecting that and only used the glue as a test just to see (TB II failed too).
    Last edited by Michael Burnside; 04-29-2024 at 11:51 AM.