Thread: Swiss Army ... tool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They make a variety of "tool combinations" already so doing something like this for folks who don't want/don't need/can't have a blade fit into their line perfectly. This is just a "new tool"; it doesn't replace what needed for folks who want/need/can-have a blade.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Wild guess here - maybe omitting the blade makes them acceptable to take on a plane?

Before 9/11 the claim to fame of Swiss Army knives was that they were airplane and airport approved worldwide.

Blog Entries
    If it goes past the TSA, I’m in. It could be my travel knife. Of course there will be plenty of pointy things that could be a weapon. For that matter, it wouldn’t be hard to come up with some sort of shiv that would pass through security.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    If it goes past the TSA, I’m in. It could be my travel knife. Of course there will be plenty of pointy things that could be a weapon. For that matter, it wouldn’t be hard to come up with some sort of shiv that would pass through security.
    Maybe it should be a requirement for the Exit row--so the passenger could torque the door bolts before take-off.

News item from England a few years ago.
    StopKnives01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Rutherford View Post
    News item from England a few years ago.
    StopKnives01.jpg
    As of a couple of weeks ago, The Royal Mail now has a total ban on all bladed objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    Wild guess here - maybe omitting the blade makes them acceptable to take on a plane?

Before 9/11 the claim to fame of Swiss Army knives was that they were airplane and airport approved worldwide.
    I carried a pocket knife since age 15-ish - but not Swiss. After TSA took 3 (or 4?) nice ones, I gave up.