Thread: DeWalt GP Radial Arm Saw manual?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DeWalt GP Radial Arm Saw manual?

Picked up this DeWalt GP this weekend. As soon as I finish my garage door project I am going to start restoring this saw. It appears to be in very good shape. Just mainly needs cosmetics and a good cleaning. It was a one owner but has sat basically unused for 15 years.

I would love to get a copy of the manual that came with the saw. I have tired OWWM and the DeWalt RAS forum with no luck yet. Just hoping somone might have one and would get me a copy.

Jeff, that will be a nice saw when finished. I don't have a manual for the GP, but if you can't find one, I'm pretty sure Wolfe offers a reprint of it. http://www.wolfemachinery.com Not sure what they charge these days for one. (I bought one for a GA several years ago I think for $20.) Good luck!
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

Nice saw, Jeff.
    That will be very nice once it's all set-up & running.
    Original Saw is another source for parts & info on the old DeWalt saws.
    http://www.originalsaw.com/

Make good notes & take pics of the way the table is fastened down to the machine. It's a really nice feature once you figure it out. You can take a warped table top & make it perfectly flat with a little time & patience.

Ed

real nice saw.. best wishes and keep us posted on the restore
    lou

The Mr. Sawdust book is also good:

http://www.mrsawdust.com/

Rich

Thanks guys. Mr Sawdust book is on my list. Just was hoping to find a manual. I don't guess I need one, just want one. Mechanical stuff comes easy for me, but nothing like having an exploded view and parts list to look at.

Ed, I was looking at the table and first thought it was something somone built. Then I found an old ad for a GP and found a photo or two on OWWM and could see similar holes in the table. Haven't had a chance to really look it over yet. Just sprayed down the stuck pins and clamps to loosen them up.

Really anxious to get this one going. I will document each step with lots of photos. Probably create a web page on it destruction and reconstruction too. It's going to replace fairly new but crappy Craftsman and on OK older craftsman. Looking forward to having a saw with horsepower and that can hold itself square!